Android One InsideInfinix Hot 2 runs on the latest flavour of Android, the Android 5.1 (Lollipop), which offers faster performance and a more efficient use of battery. However, the most interesting aspect is that the new smartphone is based on Google's Android One standard.
The major advantage of AndroidOne is that it ensures that the phone gets the latest version of Android as soon as it becomes available as Google will be responsible for delivering updates and security patches.
Infinix Hot 2 is the first smartphone in Nigeria to be built on Android One standard, which is aimed at offering high quality phones at affordable prices in developing countries.
Display & CameraInfinix Hot 2 offers a better display. It is still 5-inch, but now packs more pixels with a 720 x 1280 pixels resolution for a more brilliant view.
The camera is also getting a bump with an 8 megapixels camera on the back. This will ensure great quality photos on the Infinix Hot 2. The front facing camera still retains 2 megapixels.
HardwareInfinix Hot 2 is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor. This may seem the same as the first generation Hot, but with the more efficient Android 5.1, Infinix is boasting of up to twice better performance.
Infinix Hot 2 is also introducing a 2GB RAM variant which should make things run more smoothly. A variant with 2GB RAM will also be available.
The 1GB RAM variant is not yet available, but will be priced at 17,500 Naira. MTN is also bundling Infinix Hot 2 with a data plan that gives 1GB data for just 500 Naira.
- Platform: Android 5.1 (Lollipop), Android One
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad-core Processor
- Memory: 1GB or 2GB RAM
- Colours: White, Black, , Red, Blue, Gold
- SIM Type: - Microsim
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- Display: 5.0-inch IPS Display, 720 x 1280 pixels (293ppi)
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, LED Flash, Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus
- Front Camera: 2MP Camera
- Built-in Storage: 16GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: up to 32GB
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 3G WCDMA: 900 / 2100MHzInternet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes, up to 48kbps
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: No
- CDMA EVDO: No
- 4G LTE: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: Yes (with RDS)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: No
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- Pedometer: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant:
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: No (download at store)
- Document Viewer: No (download at store)
- Document Editor: No (download at store)
- Battery: 2200 mAh Li-ion Battery